If you feel that cutting the grass twice weekly at this time of year is important then there are two ways of looking at this job, a chore that has to be done or a way of getting some useful exercise before the BBQ!
Whichever way you look at it there is now the opportunity to buy the latest tech to cut the grass so you don’t have to lift a finger.
The benefits of a robot lawnmower is that you just get out the charging station, set up the lawn boundaries, programme your lawnmower and off it goes – simple. It does all the hard work for you and then after it’s completed the task of mowing the lawn makes its own way back to the charging station
Your robot lawnmower can cope with any shaped garden including slopes and garden furniture such as tables, chairs and even trampolines. The environmental benefit is that all robot mowers mulch the grass they cut, shredding it finely and scattering the cuttings back onto the lawn to feed the soil with nutrients and protect the grass from drought.
If you are considering buying a robotic mower, make sure it’s suitable for the size and shape of your garden as the more expensive ones are really only worth it if you have a big plot. Check how long the battery lasts on a full charge and how long it takes to charge up as you will find that some take under an hour to charge whilst others take up to 16 hours.
Other things to consider are
- Setting up a perimeter wire
- Do you want it to cope with wet grass?
- Do you want it to be quiet?
- How long does the battery need to last to do the whole lawn/lawns?
Below we have listed 8 robot lawn mowers that are currently on the market that you may want to consider.
1. John Deere Tango E5 Series II: £2,130
2. Robomow RX12U Automatic Robotic Lawn Mower: £499
3. Honda Miimo HRM3000: £2,499
4. Flymo 1200R Robotic Lawnmower: £599.99
5. Bosch Indego 400 Connect: £750
6. Viking iMow 632 PC: £2,299
7. Husqvarna Automower 450X: £3,100
8. McCulloch ROB R600 Robotic Mower: £779
If you have any questions, require help choosing a robot lawnmower then please contact Graham on 01403 283814 or email us and we will be happy to help.